Thursday, February 21, 2008

Emulators within Emulators within Emulators within Emu...

This whole virtualization thing is opening my mind.  I have a dream about emulators.  Would you like to hear it?


What if my box ran OS X 10.5 (Intel) and then i ran VMware to get a copy of Windows Vista running, and then i ran Pear PC inside Windows Vista, which is inside VMware running on OS X 10.5 to run OS X 10.3 (PPC)? Then from within my emulated OS X 10.3 installation, i ran Virtual PC to get to Ubuntu? Then from Ubuntu, which is running inside Virtual PC on an emulated OS X box through Pear PC on Windows Vista inside VMware on Mac OS X, I ran Virtual Box to emulate Windows again and then i ran my Windows apps through Wine on andLinux?

Would the universe implode? Is this how black holes form? Endless emulators?! My head hurts...